Sunday, March 8, 2009

Well, I don't have any pictures to post right now but thought I would write about the spirit that I felt today. Being in the Stake Young Women's we have had to attend all of the ward conferences throughout the stake. Our stake building is about a 2 hour drive from McCall. It goes further south than that (by the Oregon border) and farther north up to Riggins, Idaho. We do a lot of traveling. Today we had two wards to visit. The spirit was strong as we were advised to do something for ourselves this year. Our stake president used the talk that Elder Euchdorf gave about "creating". We are challenged to create something beautiful and possibly learn a new talent. (maybe we can finish the house.....that would be a great creation if it happened) Ha Ha! But it was truly a wonderful day! I love Sundays! Diane kept Grandma for the weekend as I had a YCL overnighter here on Friday. (Youth Camp Leaders) Dana just happens to be the stake camp director (which I had nothing to do in getting her called) She is AMAZING!!! The whole weekend was hectic and busy and wonderful.

Grandma is having a hard time getting around. She forgets where she is a lot. Every night she asks where she is sleeping and most of the time she wants to call her family to tell them where she is. I pray for courage, patience, love, energy, etc, etc, to take care of her. I am so grateful to have a sister to help share responsibility for her.

I will try to post pictures later of some of the happenings going on. I mostly just forget to take pictures. Poor me!!

Life is good though and it will get better. I am just so grateful every day to be born in America and have the beauty of the mountains surrounding us.

4 comments:

The Gidley's said...

Me too!! I can't even begin to imagine my life without a WONDERFUL sister like you. You've been there for me through all the ups and downs. I'm so grateful that we now live close together. . . see you for dinner. :D
Love ~ Diane

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Aunt Marty...I'm sure you are a marvelous Young Women's leader. I know if I were in YW's I'd love hanging out with you. We are so glad to know that Grandma is so well taken care of by you and Diane. I know it must be hard each day. We appreciate you all.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

We sure do miss Grandma! I was asking Amy about her the other day. It's sad to see her getting old. I remember all the times I used to just pop in and watch T.V. with her, or sit and talk. She's so cute, and happy!

Sounds like you're keeping busy! We love and miss you all!

Martindale 5 said...

Marty- Just want you to know that I love and appreciate you. As someone who cherishes the Y.W. & has always looked up to your example I know your strong spirit touches their hearts and marks their memories forever. Thank you for all you do for Grandma. Keep the faith and let me know what you chose to do for yourself this year.
Love-Natalie